Grab the widget  IWeb Gator

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Muslim is imperfect but Islam is!



Aminah Assilmi
Aminah Assilmi was a broadcast journalist and former director of the International Union of Muslim Women. Formerly a Southern Baptist preacher, she converted to Islam in 1977 in college while trying to convert some Muslims to Christianity. As the director of International Union of Muslim Women, she visited campuses discussing Islam.

Assilmi once said,

"I am so very glad that I am a Muslim. Islam is my life. Islam is the beat of my heart. Islam is the blood that courses through my veins. Islam is my strength. Islam is my life so wonderful and beautiful. Without Islam I am nothing, and should Allah ever turn His magnificent face from me, I could not survive."
Assilmi was involved in the release of the 2001 Eid Stamp as well as future anniversary editions.

She was also involved in creating an educational centre for Muslim converts. She died on March 5, 2010 in a car accident while returning from a speaking engagement in New York. She had a daughter and two sons, as well as several grandchildren.

Posted by Firdaus W.H Wong

revertedmuslim.blogspot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOP Ten Minggu INI

Paling Popular